February 07, 2007

bliss body spa review

From time to time I like to indulge and tell! I wrote up a mini spa review to share with other spa goers on various websites and voila the article...

I’ve always had an affinity for small things – quaint boutiques, smaller sized classrooms, petite moi!, small companies, small gatherings, maybe it’s the personalized feel that resonates with me. Makes me feel NOT invisible. So in my quest for local not over-the-top luxe but quaint-at-half-the-price of Spas in my own town of comes-in-a high-price Santa Barbara, my search took me to wine country San Luis Obispo, about a 1 1/2 hr short getaway from home.

Located in beautiful Downtown SLO (pronounced slow), Bliss Body Spa is housed in a charming adobe building across from the historic Mission SLO. The brief walk to the back of the adobe building took me to a tropical themed paradise courtyard and into the treatment room. As I breathed in the fragrant air of the lavender scented room, I lay on a heated treatment table waiting to get stoned!

Not that kind of stoned but a kind of stone therapy where heated and cooled stones are used to help in the body’s healing process... and by the way the only thing I inhaled was the lingering aromatherapy.

New to getting stoned the therapist with a gentle tone warns me of the hot rocks coming in contact with my body. No unpleasant surprises for this stone virgin! Like a stone veteran she circles the hot stones with 2 hands in beautiful unison around my body. 1 ½ hrs of stone pleasure relieved and dissolved my muscle tension, walking away from a totally relaxing experience. I glistened all day.

After a relaxing massage you can blissfully skip cross the street and visit Mission San Luis Obispo, one of the oldest buildings in the area founded in 1772. You can't miss it. It's beautiful.

Their Spa Menu is even man friendly too with packages titled
“Feel Like a Winner” Bliss’ New Sports Package that will help keep you in the game and “You Clean Up Nice”.

Love it !-- About Bliss from their website

Philosophy When we serve others...
...if we focus on their perceived issue – we’ll win or we’ll lose. I guarantee you - if we focus on the individual - if we help them to see their worth - then, no matter what the outcome of the issue – we’ll all win.

Dare To Live Your Dream

Who do you think that you are?
If you tell me your profession, your age, your religion, and what part of the country you are from, you really haven’t told me a thing. I want to know what you love because, if we can find out what you love, we can turn it into a life, - a life that you are going to love.

Let me tell you something else. If you are trying to figure out what to do with that life of yours, I don’t want to know your skills, I don’t want to see your resume, and I don’t want to know your experience. Those are handy things. They can get you a job and pay the rent. They are useful and that’s great. But, if you are ever going to be brilliant, if you are ever going to be special, you have got to go after what you love.

The simple fact is that everyone has unique gifts and talents, and, to be truly happy - to live a life, a completely fulfilled life, you don’t need self-improvement and you don’t have to walk out on your responsibilities. You just need to use the gifts that are waiting inside you.


Bliss Body Spa
970 Chorro St
San Luis Obispo, CA

Bliss Body Spa website


Happy spa'ing

Maria

No comments: