February 05, 2007

Go slow ... slow burning soy candles (that is!)

Call it what you will... Eco-Chic / Ergo-Chic the market has exploded with the all-natural trend. Going Green isn't just for the birkenstock tree hugging hemp wearing stereotypes anymore. This trend has gone from cleaning products to fashion and to All Natural Soy Candles.

Here are the soy candle scents you'll find around my home:
Office - Bergamot Fresh
Living Room - Orange Honey
Bedroom - Asian Bamboo

I rave about Soylicious Soy Candles not only because I offer them in my store but because I travel to tradeshows looking for the best in spa gear out there so I can bring them into healthy homes like yours and mine... I take this scent business seriously!

I was at a tradeshow a couple of weekends ago in LA and I took some soy candles home to try out. I light the beautiful candles and to my surpirse they're burning very quickly and obviously let off a dark soot rising up to the ceilings, not to mention it reaked of synthetic fragrance. My sensitive nose, knows! Muse too just looks at me and slowly walks away. Seriously, she sneezes when something gets too fragrant for her (and me!). Ah these candles are probably a soy blend (parrafin with petrol + soy wax). So when shopping around, look for 100% soy wax candles; say no to blends or something that simply says "natural". Get specific, it's your health!

The Benefits
- Derived from soybeans, a renewable resource.
- Burn up to 50% longer than paraffin wax candles.
- Cotton wicks are usually used, so no burning of metal-based wicks.
- Smoke less, so won't leave dark marks on your walls.
- Spills can be cleaned up with hot soapy water.

Candle Facts
- Nine out of ten candle users say they use candles to make a room feel comfortable or cozy.

- Candle users say they most frequently burn candles in the living room (42%), followed by the kitchen (18%) and the bedroom (13%).

- Consumers are increasingly purchasing candles as a focal point for their home décor, and for aromatherapy-like relaxation and stress reduction.

- Candle purchasers say they view candles as an appropriate gift for the holidays (76%), as a housewarming gift (74%), a hostess/dinner party gift (66%), a thank-you (61%) and as adult birthday gifts (58%).

Source: National Candle Association 2006

Shop Now for Soy Candles at De-Stress Essentials

No comments: