February 22, 2007

bread and chocolate

Back to blogging after a brief hiatus. Baking relaxes me so this is what I've been up to... baking bread and eating chocolate (the 73% + kind). Sorry, no chocolate pictured (I ate them all!) but the best kinds are the Whole Foods organic truffles and very close second are the Trader Joe's organic truffles! Has to be the organic ones. They just taste better. Next on my baking agenda, a homemade batch of truffles a la Maria.

You're probably wondering what this has all to do with Spahhh Talk. Well, we all must find our ways that de-stress us and keep us away from our sometimes hectic and boring routines. Baking is a de-stressor for me and eating a TJ or WF truffle puts happy feelings in me. Similar to finishing a salt scrub to make my skin glow, or putting a smile on someone's face -- these too make me feel good. Well almost as much. In the past year I postponed this baking luxury to get DE up and running. However, I'm back to baking bread and it is fun, gratifying AND satisfying. Pictured here, experimenting with 100% whole wheat bread with a touch of honey and lots of oats. A sprinkle of cinnamon on the top. Simple stuff. Ahhhh... live well.

No comments: