February 06, 2007

Love on a Leash

My sister, who lives 3,000 miles away, and I chat at least once a week. We got off topic - again - with the subject of Love. How could something so beautiful hurt so much! Seems a healthier approach to love is accepting there WILL be bumps and bruises along the way, on whatever path you take. But isn't it the idea to travel on the less bumpy path, the path of least hurts... and we're just talking about our furry children here!

But even when it comes to dog love, it hurts to leave my furry child home alone, watch her yelp at the vet's office, even to see her tail down sad because she can't have another treat. Love on a leash is such a gift though. The joy muse gives me and the inspiration she brings to my life is priceless. My husband and I rescued Sabrina at the shelter in Lompoc, CA 3 yrs ago. Seems more WE were rescued. We learned that letting go of expectations and desires, you limit yourself from the good stuff out there. We were on a mission for a beagle back then but what we got was something more than what we asked for! So all this brings me to the conclusion... Love the parts of your life that you didn't ask for.





















Top pic: Geroge Washington's home in Mt. Vernon, VA
Bottom pic: at home surfing dogster

Dog friendly home spa luxuries for the pampered pooch:
The Barkery
Caine and Able
Happy Tails Spa


Sabrina pages
Edhat dog of the week

Dogster page

No comments: