May 08, 2007

water bottle alternative

In April's blog post i wrote about my needing improvement on using less plastic water bottles. So here's my friend Jim's take on the whole drinking water out of plastic water bottles alternative that are delivered to the store by gas-guzzling trucks. whew that was a mouth full. He said the following and I quote him...


I had this same dilemma last year and did some research. I now do a two-step process:

1) I take ordinary SB tap water and run it through a Brita filter. Then ..

2) I take the Brita filtered water and run it through a ceramic filter made by a company called Doulton

The water is significantly better tasting than after passing through just the Brita filter. It tastes even better if put in the refrigerator but perhaps that is cheating a little.

I use the stand-alone gravity fed stainless steel model. Here is the link:

http://doultonusa.com/HTML%20pages/portable_systems.htm

Thanks Jim!

No comments: