May 14, 2007

nap like you're a child again

yesterday i took a big fat guilt free nap, the one where the couch fabric gets etched into my face and drool runs down my mouth and i wake up wondering where i am. i love it! i love how it re-charges me and makes my skin glow too.

so today it got me thinking how we seem to glorify people who sacrifice sleep. we glorify the "super woman". when my husband brett calls me that i'm not sure to accept that as a compliment but i do anyway. it makes me think to slow down and care for myself. what am i in a hurry for? i'll really never get 'it' all done. the pressure is on myself. so me, who runs a store on relaxation and wellness, am learning to relax and pace myself in this exciting life. napping definitely helps me slow down, listen to my tired body and it helps put some perspective on life. sometimes the answers are that easy.

as i'm typing muse, the napping queen, is by my foot snoozing away. we could all learn from our furry friends.

let's sing the praises to napping!

No comments: