December 29, 2006


This weekend is my annual time to retreat into my thoughts for a focused period of time. After years of refining this practice, I've come up with how time spent seems to work for me:

20% --- 2006 lessons learned and where I've been. what seemed to surface the most and was i happy with the outcomes?
30% --- 2007 dream sketching... making a personal and professional collage, for those more visually inclined, like me! amazing what great things i manifested this year. it works and it's fun!
40% --- 2007 mind mapping, charting out a course of intentions for the year; writing it down really helped clarify what i value most and it set a course to where i'd like to be. for me, i'm careful to not write or say "goals"... since things in our life change so should your course. so don't be hard on yourself when things don't go as you planned, that's why i call it charting a course, it's simply a guide to keep you on focus to where your happiness meter is leading you ;-)
10% --- refine my personal mission statement. if you don't have one, it's a great practice on helping you to get clear on where your internal guidance system is leading you to. write it down and get clear with yourself!

so change around your percentages that work for you, but don't spend too much time on the past... think of 2007 as a clear slate with thoughts of a more energized, balanced and healthier you.

Oh and one of those silly but very important reminder to... Breathe and breathe deeply throughout the day, aaahhhhh.

No comments: