December 26, 2006

surf's up


Just got back from an invigorating post holiday bike ride to balance out all the holiday food from yesterday!

I rode to the ocean bluffs nearby my home and made it to the cliff side after huffing and puffing, even after walking my bike up the hill. I'm so embarassed to even admit that but mtn biking was not a sport of choice for me, until today. So while resting on the bluff's edge, I sat for about an hour watching a surfer float on his board. Just enjoying the scenery of the Channel Islands, the big waves and the surfer, I was just in awe of all the natural beauty around me... and how lucky I feel to have that moment. Just as I was about to leave, the surfer got up, balanced and rode the wave. I felt so HAPPY for him that I clapped even though he couldn't hear me. I thought about how much courage he must have mustered up to ride that wave. I got back on my bike with a jolt of inspiration from that one surfer that I told myself I will ride the rocky hills - up and down - one day soon, after I muster enough strength and courage myself, just like the surfer got up and rode the wave.

It's a good time to remind you to shake things up a little, do something out of your ordinary life routine and make things a little interesting. It might just get you to that next level you've always wanted to go in your life. One little step at a time....

No comments: