December 11, 2006

celebrating oneness

feeling fresh from a joyful day at a celebration of oneness event held this past weekend in pasadena, ca. i left the center feeling lifted, in the spiritual sense... that all things are possible and within our reach.

in between the elevate film and music festivals, i got a chance to participate in such empowering workshops, all very inspiring but one stood out the most. after the arianna huffington workshop, i stayed for her sister's (Agapi's) workshop on fearlessness. my brain mind was telling me to turn back to elevate where it seemed so much easier to sit and listen to be uplifted by music or a film, but my wonderful heart mind told me to stay, take that chance and grow. thankfully again my heart mind led me in the feel good direction.

we started the workshop dancing around the room, arms flailing in all directions, shoes off. free, i felt so free! then we were asked to freeze and look to the person near us. from that point on we were asked to share our fears with this person and other intimate information to help us through our fears. I shared mine with Sandra and vice versa. was very scary to tell a person I just met my fears. that fear on top of my existing fears was enough to make me grab my shoes and run! But, immediatley i felt comfortable with her; her calmness and lightness about her inspired me to share and talk from my heart. Sandra and I had made a deep connection sitting on that stage. Still gives me chills, the good kind. If you're reading this Sandra, thank you for your kind words of encouragement. I know we have exchanged emails but where ever our journey leads us, i can bet we were in that workshop for a reason. Bless you.

A Celebration of Oneness

I truly believe that events take place in our lives for a reason and that people we meet touch our life for a reason, whether it be the person sitting next to you on the bus, the waitress serving you or the guy at the ticket counter handing you the stub. our lives are filled with these little connections. for yourself today, try making the conscious effort to think about, as you go through your day, the people you come in contact with. has this interaction affected or changed you? how? if anything, this contact might just make you more aware that these people, the little contacts throughout the day, are no different than you... that we are all ONE in our hearts, minds and bodies. blessings to you.

No comments: