January 14, 2007

home-front getaways

Bonjour!

I was lucky enough to spend the past week in a cute french style B&B called Petit Soleil located in the town of San Luis Obispo, just a couple of hours from home. They served an out-of-this-world decadent (and high carb) breakfast each morning, all made fresh with a wine taste and homemade appetizers nightly, not to mention homemade truffles suprisingly waiting on my bed for the evening. The friendly staff, L'Occitane bath products, french music and cozy french country furnishings even made me forget about the cars passing on the main street and the passing nightly train, noises to my sensitive ears. All in all Love is definitely in the details at Petit Soleil and will do another getaway there again.

My intentions going there was to visit my niece Candice and do a little home-front getaway to think, write, and relax outside of my normal routined life. Success! Now, lots of work ahead which I'll share with you as soon as I sort it all out!

I love these words said by the Dalai Lama...

"If you're more relaxed your brain functions more effectively."

"We all need some relaxation, mental as well as physical. They all converge into the same point."

Think about how you'll relax your mind and your body this year. As with exercise, work appointments, personal commitments, dentist appts, hair cute, etc... it's so important to schedule time to relax the mind and body. Don't let 2007 pass without doing something nice for yourself! We all benefit.

No comments: