September 26, 2007

welcoming a new season

i've been doing alot of healthy cleaning out these day - cancelled my gym membership, cleared out clutter, bought incredible cookware, connecting with purposeful women, began the Artist's Way exercises and started a steady yoga practice (to help me focus!).

for me autumn is the time where i establish rituals that boost my spirit. try practicing awareness by looking at what you do daily to nourish your soul. take an afternoon walk, turn off the radio in the car, block out whatever time you can - 15 min, 5 min, 30 min to tune out life's noise. this Fall and Winter establish a routine - sign up for yoga classes, go on mini retreat, go to the museums and continue to make room to connect to others. the key is not to let your spirits dampen because of these shorter, darker days. as my laughter guru says 'motion creates emotion'. get up and do something if you start feeling depressed or down. you'll be better able to adapt to the wisdom these darker days can bring!

1 comment:

momelliott said...

I love Autumn, esp. in my part of the country where the skies are deep blue, the wind blows around those multi-colored leaves falling off the changing trees - the whole nine yards!

My name is Maria C. Elliott too.

Hope your weekend is pleasant.

-mce