September 12, 2007

Anita Rodick passes away

Anita Roddick, activist, entrepreneur, visionary and founder of the Body Shop, passed away Monday. I was so saddened to hear the news. What a full and inspiring life she's led!

She's important to me because she's a huge part of me launching De-Stress Essentials last year. I came across her book, Business As Unusual, and it moved me to action. Anita made many contributions... to the environment (sustainable organic body care), human rights, animal rights, self-esteem in women, community trade, her campaigning was endless and self-less. She worked with indegenous people to bring about community fair trade practices. She risked her life many time in the jungles. Wow what a trailblazer.

What I admire about her is that she founded a business with heart and passion, unheard of in the 70's, esp for women. Well, today I can't help but be reminded where my inpsirations come from. She is a unique spirit and she has left behind so much to be grateful for.

More books by Anita Roddick:


Body and Soul: Profits with Principles
Take it Personally
A Revolution in Kindness

No comments: