September 25, 2007

how many other people donate to their gym

today i finally cancelled my gym membership. well, cancelled my donation to the gym. huge relief it was to sign on the line. it's just one of those things that suited me uh maybe 15 yrs ago and for some reason hadn't let go of but had always wanted to. maybe because saying 'i go to the gym' made me feel healthy and fit. twisted isn't it. not anymore. today i celebrate.

when i lived on the east coast, had a corporate job and shoveled snow, the gym seemed to suit me and my schedule. not only do i live in santa barbara where I enjoy the outdoors all year round, but my lifestyle has changed, my needs have changed, and my interests have changed. likely so for someone who prefers being in nature with muse or on a yoga mat.

do you have something that maybe served you during the times you did it but your gut has been telling you that you no longer need it? a new season is a great time to take stock of what's working for you and what's not. take time to think what that is for you and remove that clutter in your life for better things to come!

No comments: