October 05, 2006

Portable Spa


I got this great idea of having a portable spa from my sister who travels alot.
Here's what I pack. Everyone's list will vary.

My Top 10 Portable Spa items include:
1) Green Tea soy candle in travel tin
2) Relaxing music
3) Eye Pillow
4) Yoga Mat
5) My favorite piece of fabric to lay items on
6) Small Buddha statue
7) Photo of muse, my dog sabrina
8) Spiritual uplifting book
9) Stones with personal meaning
10) Journal

The idea is to Establish Your Inner Altar wherever you are to balance work, family, and a home practice. Try carrying just a few essential altar items with you and see how you feel. Adjust as necessary. Be flexible with yourself on how you carry your inner altar. While travelling you might want to pack all items, while some days commuting to work you bring with you a few items - CD and your own thoughts in silence even. You could even create a visual presence on your desk at work to remind you to take a few minutes for an Om break each day. You might also want to carry a few of your favorite things while hiking too... the idea is to take your personal practice with you wherever you go. You get the idea.

No comments: