October 06, 2006

This thing called beauty

Seems every time I turn around, another article is written about beauty and anti-aging. Even Natural Health Magazine, which I really love, has pages and pages of beauty products and articles on looking younger. We're a society obsessed with looking young. I admit that I can get a little overboard with my moisturizers and lipsticks too. I'm here to remind you (and me!) that beauty is an inside-out job.

It's no coincidence that when I feel most beautiful is when I've learned something new, ate healthy, lent a helping hand, was less self-absorbed, read a great book, got active, laughed with a friend, or spent some time in nature.

I challenge you today to nourish your spirit. Do things that inspire you to feel beautiful. Get empowered. Get educated. Get healthy. Get active. I'm pretty sure you'll see less of a slavish dependence on glamour and gloss and more on that thing called inner beauty.

Ok so rapelling from a mountain might be a stretch. Learn something new this month, another language perhaps?... oui oui.

No comments: