August 23, 2008

break the monotony

The best cure for me to stay fresh and passionate about life is to break the monotony of my routines and do something outrageous or out of the norm. I get too caught up in work that I have to remind myself there is more to life than working and relaxing.

It's far from taking sky diving lessons or bungee jumping, but this summer I left for mid-week silent retreat at a spiritual retreat center. The first few days were tough but by day 3, a peaceful calm took over me and suddenly those things I thought were important was just a blip in my life.

This weekend take a few hours to write a list of things you've always wanted to do. Then take bite sized steps to make it happen. Take a yoga retreat or class in another discipline, take a belly dancing class or climb that mountain. When our minds are open to new experiences, doors open to even better opportunities.

No comments: