June 12, 2007

find something to celebrate

A good friend (william!) sent me this photo yesterday from his new digs in arlington, virginia. it's a view of the potomac rivier and monticello peeking out from the trees.

william seems to tease and tempt me with photos of the "gOLDend days" where i spent my formative years. i do the same, tempt him with the santa barbara beach and sunny sky images. isn't that what friends are for?

there are so many meanings behind a single photo, as i reflect on on this one it reminds me of one of my favorite times in the dc area when spring is being kindly and gently told by summer to rest now and he will add his version of summer offerings. it's breathtaking.

don't forget to celebrate the subtle changes in your life.

happiest of summer to you!

No comments: